‘Get Tough’ Programs Seen as Ineffective
A panel convened by the National Institutes of Health has concluded that boot camps, detention centers, and similar “get tough” programs aimed at scaring youths into behaving better are ineffective, and may actually make the problems...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations