Seventeen-year-old Rachael Waller spends 35 hours a week at swim
practice, has caught the eye of scouts from Division I colleges, and is
close to making the cut for Olympic-trial events.
One thing she hasn’t done is swim a single lap for her high school in Liberty, Mo.
The junior would love to be on the team, but under a rule set by the Missouri State High School Activities Association, athletes can’t compete for both private club...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA