Prince George's County School Board to Be Replaced Under New Md. Law
The Maryland legislature approved a measure last week to reconfigure the Prince George's County school board and replace the superintendent's post with a chief executive officer, a move that would force Superintendent Iris T. Metts to reapply for her job.
Under the legislation, a new nine-member board, to be named by the governor and the county executive, will take over the 132,000-student district June 1. The bill received final approval on the last day of the legislature's 2002 session and had the support of Gov. Parris N. Glendening, a Democrat.
The move is intended to end a bitter struggle over who controls the Prince George's County...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda