The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is accepting applications from prospective participants in its International Leadership Program.
The fellowships are intended to promote development of community leaders within the three geographic regions where the foundation awards grants: the United States, southern Africa, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
The program seeks applicants in early- or mid-career who expect to stay at their jobs during the three-year fellowship. Their employers must agree to free them from their duties 25 percent of the time.
Sixty fellows--20 from each region--will receive grants of up to $45,000. That includes $30,000 to design a community project and personal-development activities, and up to $15,000 to reimburse employers for their salaries.
The application deadline is Jan. 31, 1995. More information is available from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, One Michigan Ave. East, Battle Creek, Mich. 49017-4058; (616) 968-1611.
A new report explores the effects of the Leadership Program for Community Foundations, an initiative launched by the Ford Foundation in 1986 that is also supported by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
"Building Community Capacity: The Potential for Community Foundations" reveals how the eight-year-old program stimulated growth in 27 smaller community foundations, helping them expand their assets and support new programs.
Each foundation received $100,000 a year for five years, and was expected to match that total with $1 million from other foundations and individual donors.
Foundations used the new support to launch a variety of initiatives, many of which focused on youths or education.
Two-thirds of the 411 community foundations in the United States have assets of less than $10 million.
Copies of the report are available for $17.50 each, plus $3 for postage and handling, by writing Rainbow Research, 621 West Lake St., Minneapolis, Minn. 55408; or by calling Nicole Geisler at (612) 824-0724. Bulk discounts are available.
The Annie E. Casey Foundation has moved its headquarters from Greenwich, Conn., to Baltimore. Its new address is 701 St. Paul St., Baltimore, Md. 21202.