Bits & Bytes
Problems Emerge With Online Testing in Three States
Officials in Indiana were forced to suspend statewide online tests for two days after technical problems derailed the system, in the latest mishap to plague statewide assessments around the country.
The Indiana testing breakdowns occurred not long after serious assessment problems emerged in Minnesota and Oklahoma, raising concerns about the technological capacity of schools to administer online testing.
And the testing woes have emerged at an inopportune time for backers of online testing. States and school districts are already nervous about the costs and technological challenges of putting in place online assessments to match the Common Core State Standards, and the current round of testing woes seems likely to only heighten that anxiety.
Vol. 06, Issue 03, Page 8
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Italy
- Music Teachers (2) (K-6 and K-8)
- School District of Marshfield, Marshfield, WI
- High School English Teacher
- StarShine Academy, AZ
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Illinois Association of School Boards, Springfield, IL