Bits & Bytes
Problems Emerge With Online Testing in Three States
Officials in Indiana were forced to suspend statewide online tests for two days after technical problems derailed the system, in the latest mishap to plague statewide assessments around the country.
The Indiana testing breakdowns occurred not long after serious assessment problems emerged in Minnesota and Oklahoma, raising concerns about the technological capacity of schools to administer online testing.
And the testing woes have emerged at an inopportune time for backers of online testing. States and school districts are already nervous about the costs and technological challenges of putting in place online assessments to match the Common Core State Standards, and the current round of testing woes seems likely to only heighten that anxiety.
Vol. 06, Issue 03, Page 8
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy
- Middle School Band Teacher
- The International Educator, Hong Kong
- Director of Partnerships
- World Savvy, Multiple Locations
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- Math Teacher - HS
- NCPA, Guangzhou, Nansha, Gu, China