No Child Left Behind
The latest news about No Child Left Behind including, archives, opinion essays, and special features. No Child Left Behind was replaced in Dec. 2015 by the Every Student Succeeds Act.
This primer on the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act—the previous iteration of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, or ESEA—includes information about compliance, proficiency, and waivers; milestones in the law’s history; main criticisms; and resources for further reading. (April 10, 2015)
Blog: Politics K-12
To reflect on the law's anniversary, the Education Week Commentary editors asked a range of K-12 education leaders, politicians, teachers, and child advocates for their thoughts.
- Principal, Middle School (Glasgow)
- Fairfax County Public Schools, Falls Church, VA, US
- Superintendent, Lyons Township High School District 204
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, La Grange, Illinois
- Electronics Research Lab Director
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, Alexandria, Virginia
- Elementary Teacher Grade 1-5
- American United School of Kuwait, Kuwait (KW)
- Intermediate Level Principal
- Goshen Community Schools, Goshen, Indiana