Every Student Succeeds Act
The latest news about ESSA—the latest revision of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act—including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
The new Every Student Succeeds Act rolls back much of the federal government's big footprint in education policy, on everything from testing and teacher quality to low-performing schools. (March 31, 2016)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
In this e-book, Education Week gets to the heart of a law set to reshape the education policy landscape in a host of issue areas, including school accountability and testing, teacher quality, academic standards, and English-language learners.
The Every Student Succeeds Act makes its classroom debut this fall. Here’s a look at where things stand after more than two years of preparation by states and school districts that must make ESSA legislative blueprint a reality.
Quality Counts 2017: Building on ESSA's K-12 Foundation
The 21st edition of Quality Counts examines what states and districts are doing to make ready for the Every Student Succeeds Act's implementation, and offers state-by-state grades for how the nation's schools are faring on a range of educational measures.
Inside The Every Student Succeeds Act
This special report on ESSA looks at what the law will mean for virtually every aspect of public schooling when it takes full effect in the 2017-18 academic year.
On May 1, 2018, Education Week hosted "Keys to ESSA Implementation," an online event connecting our readers with reporters for a day of discussions about the Every Student Succeeds Act.
Politics K-12 Blog
• ESSA Overview
Nearly all states have now laid out their blueprints for how they intend to hold schools accountable under the Every Student Succeeds Act. Here's our review of state ESSA plans.
EDUCATION WEEK QUIZ
What is the "Weighted Student Funding Pilot", how do select states plan to use Title II funding, and how does ESSA influence state flexibility in determining teacher evaluation criteria?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal - award winning school in beautiful CAPE COD, MA
- Nauset Public Schools, Eastham, Massachusetts
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Variety of Teaching, Support & Coaching Positions in beautiful, western, Colorado!
- Garfield School District Re-2, Nationwide
- Teach Western Mass - Openings in Math/SPED/ESL!
- Teach Western Mass, Springfield, Massachusetts
- 9-12 Math Teacher (2018-19)
- West Charlotte IB High School, Charlotte, North Carolina