If you could teach anywhere in the world, where would you go ... somewhere you know well or somewhere you’ve never been before?
International schools are seeing an influx of students who want to attend university in America. Because of this, American teachers are in high demand in international schools all over the world. Why should YOU choose a pathway of international teaching?
* Teaching in an international environment allows a teacher to build their professional profile and see the world!
* Many teachers choose an international pathway to enrich their career prospects and return to their home country with valuable teaching and professional development experiences. A teacher with experience working in an international school can be very sought after by school districts who welcome educators with enhanced skills in differentiation, teaching ELL students and teaching students with high academic standards.
What are the benefits of teaching overseas?
• Excellent salaries (sometimes tax-free) with great savings potential
• Most schools provide annual flights home
• Free accommodations (utilities paid) with worldwide insurance benefits available at most schools
• Teach in English - no foreign language necessary
• Small class sizes
• High demand for American teachers in all subject areas and grade levels
• Newly graduated teachers in high demand
• Gain international experience and broaden your professional (and personal) profile
• Become part of exciting teams of energetic, committed, innovative and creative educators
• Enjoy cultural experiences of which most only dream
• Travel the world - Teach while you travel!
The opinions expressed in Career Corner are strictly those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of Editorial Projects in Education, or any of its publications.