Change is something I pride myself on; easing into new skins with seeming grace and hopefully beauty.
Although these changes are not always as simple as they appear, the outcomes are always undeniably better.
2016 is about big change; that’s why I’ve selected #metamorphosis as my oneword.
It’s time to switch gears, adjust expectations and morph into a different role in education, truly embracing the platforms I have access to in order to make education better for all kids and professionals.
Metamorphosis signifies the truest restructuring there is of an entire form and so too will be the transformation of my career and life.
Last year’s word was action and boy did it get me moving. At the start of the new year, I dubbed #empower the word for students and now as everything is finally starting to move into the next phase, we go for physical, emotional and spiritual change as the word suggests.
- More risks will be taken to better the learning environment.
- When opportunity knocks, I will answer eagerly.
- Fear will be cast aside, to make way for adventure.
- Rather than do things as I always have, I will choose to be different - more relevant and focused on the current task at hand.
- Students’ needs will continue to reign paramount in the process of educating, putting my own need to control at the back.
- All questioning and roads of inquiry will start and end with each learner.
- Whenever “yes” can be said, it will be.
- The growth mindset will be employed at every corner, focusing on reflection and movement forward.
- Failure will be embraced and transformed.
Lots of exciting opportunities to look forward to in the new year and I will be emerge a butterfly.
What is your #oneword of 2016? Please share your word and why.
The opinions expressed in Work in Progress are strictly those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of Editorial Projects in Education, or any of its publications.