Opening Gateways to Learning & Careers
Government agencies, business groups, and policymakers continue to prioritize support for the STEM fields. But K-12 educators note that these fields present many places where kids can get stuck—from weak instruction in the early grades to traditional calculus classes in high school and college. Even the end goal, improved employment outcomes, remains murky. In this special report, Education Week takes a closer look at these STEM gateways, searching out ones that offer new avenues—like hands-on preparation for advanced manufacturing—and the efforts to break down longstanding barriers, like remedial algebra.
Education Week Experts
FREE ONLINE EVENT
REPRINT THIS REPORT
Contact [email protected].
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Supervisor of Special Education
- Spring-Ford Area School District, Royersford, Pennsylvania
- Join University Heights Charter School for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, Newark, New Jersey
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Teacher of the Blind / Visually Impaired
- Detroit Lakes Public Schools, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Chief Academic Officer
- Middletown Public Schools, Middletown, Connecticut