Opening Gateways to Learning & Careers
Government agencies, business groups, and policymakers continue to prioritize support for the STEM fields. But K-12 educators note that these fields present many places where kids can get stuck—from weak instruction in the early grades to traditional calculus classes in high school and college. Even the end goal, improved employment outcomes, remains murky. In this special report, Education Week takes a closer look at these STEM gateways, searching out ones that offer new avenues—like hands-on preparation for advanced manufacturing—and the efforts to break down longstanding barriers, like remedial algebra.
Education Week Experts
FREE ONLINE EVENT
REPRINT THIS REPORT
Contact [email protected].
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Spanish Teachers
- Dothan City Schools, Dothan, Alabama
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Singapore American School High School Principal
- RG175, Singapore (SG)
- Director of Business and Finance
- Westwood Public Schools, Westwood, Massachusetts