State Highlights Reports
The Quality Counts 2019 Highlights Reports capture the key data you need to assess your state's performance. Snapshots from each state’s report can be accessed using the drop-down menu below.
State Highlights Reports are available for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia and compare individual state data to national data. The National Highlights Report includes the national average and data for the top and bottom states.
|Quality Counts Highlights Reports|
|National Summary Report|
About these reports:
Quality Counts reports state grades for educational performance in three installments. The January installment provides results on the Chance-for-Success Index, one-third of a state’s overall grade. In June, Education Week publishes the second installment, focusing on school finance. The September publication features the K-12 Achievement Index and overall grades. A state’s overall grade is the average of its scores on the three separate indices tracked by the report.
Your report includes:
Chance-for-Success Index (2019)
The Chance-for-Success Index combines information from 13 indicators that span a person’s life from cradle to career in order to better understand the role of education across an individual’s lifetime.
You may also like reports from previous years:
Source: Education Week Research Center, January 2019
- • See Also: Data: Are We Preparing Students for a Lifetime of Success?
- • See Also: States Show Striking Variations on Best Places to Bring Up a Child
- • See Also: Is Geography Destiny? The Debate Over Boosting K-12 Quality
- • See Also: Quality Counts 2019: Report and Rankings
- • See Also: "How Do You Go About Calculating Student Success? It's Complicated"
Vol. 38, Issue 18