How much does money really matter in the quest for educational quality?
And if it matters so much, as supporters of higher spending argue, why do taxpayers and the public seem to flinch when they’re confronted with the tab?
This second installment of Quality Counts 2019 examines that question and more. The Education Week Research Center and school finance reporter Daarel Burnette II dig into the policy and political debates over K-12 funding, and tally how the nation and the states stack up, complete with scores, rankings, A-F grades, and expert analysis.
To catch up on the first installment of Quality Counts 2019, which measured how the nation and states fared on Quality Counts' "Chance for Success Index," click here.
State Highlights Reports
June 11, 2019, 2 to 3 p.m. ET
Reprint this report
Want to purchase print or digital copies of this report to share with your colleagues or students? Contact [email protected].
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Newport News Foundation Director
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- Montgomery County, Maryland is actively recruiting Principals and Assistant Principals, all levels
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery County, Maryland
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- High School Math Instructional Coach
- KIPP Philadelphia Public Schools, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona