That approach may be especially important when it comes to the Civil War, educators and historians say, since public debates about its meaning are alive and well, and young people may be exposed to misinformation that original sources can dispel in compelling ways.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Primary Sources in Civil War Studies
Have you incorporated primary sources into your Civil War studies? How so? Which primary sources do you consider most valuable when developing a curriculum based around the Civil War?
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- Special Education Middle/High School Principal
- AHRC New York City, New York (Manhattan) County, New York
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Program Associate
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)