State of the States
Gov. Dave Freudenthal (D) • Feb. 11
Unlike many other states, Wyoming finds itself in a healthy financial position, thanks to its mineral and energy wealth, but after making huge investments in education over the past few years, it’s time for restraint, Gov. Freudenthal told lawmakers. For the first year of the two-year budget cycle that begins this summer, he has recommended $1.4 billion in education spending, compared with the $1.1 billion that was appropriated for the current fiscal year. The governor also recommended spending $458 million over the two-year cycle for school renovation and construction.
Vol. 27, Issue 24, Page 16Published in Print: February 20, 2008, as Wyoming
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2019-2020 School Psychologist
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- High School Principal
- Lewiston-Porter CSD, Youngstown, New York
- High School Math Instructional Coach
- KIPP Philadelphia Public Schools, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania