Social and emotional learning (SEL) is often overlooked for middle and high school students. However, many districts are acknowledging the critical importance of SEL to help all students thrive in high school and beyond. Join this webinar to hear from Boston Public Schools and Worcester Public Schools on their holistic approach to student success.
This webinar will cover how to:
- Improve attendance, behavior, and course performance through a whole child approach
- Identify students’ social emotional needs to target interventions more effectively and improve academic achievement
- Support the transition from middle school to high school with a holistic picture of students’ social, emotional, and academic experiences and needs
- Keep a pulse on students’ social-emotional well-being and other needs during remote learning and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Support students to reach your community’s portrait of a graduate vision and their own college and career plans
For all webinars broadcast by Education Week after August 1, 2019, Certificates of Completion are available to all registered live attendees who attend 53 minutes or more of this webinar. Educators can download a PDF certificate verifying 1 hour of Professional Development credit. As with all professional development hours delivered, Education Week recommends each educator verify ahead of the webinar broadcast that the content will qualify for professional development in your school, district, county, or state with your supervisor, human resources professional, and/or principal or superintendent’s office.
A transcript will be available for download from the resource list within five business days after the event.