Research shows that successfully engaged families find that their students earn higher grades, score higher on tests, develop better social skills, and are more likely to graduate. The bottom line is, when families are engaged in school, their children are more likely to succeed.
From the district’s perspective, the challenges lie in:
- Being fully prepared and informed by whole-child data in order to have meaningful conversations with student’s caregivers
- Establishing staff understanding of the importance of community engagement
- Equipping staff with the knowledge and skills necessary to support family engagement
- Taking steps to reduce a family’s barriers through targeted strategies that build authentic family-school partnerships
- Grounding your district’s strategic planning in an evidence-based family engagement framework
Join us to hear how district leaders are addressing these challenges and supporting families in their districts.
For all webinars broadcast by Education Week after August 1, 2019, Certificates of Completion are available to all registered live attendees who attend 53 minutes or more of this webinar. Educators can download a PDF certificate verifying 1 hour of Professional Development credit.
As with all professional development hours delivered, Education Week recommends each educator verify ahead of the webinar broadcast that the content will qualify for professional development in your school, district, county, or state with your supervisor, human resources professional, and/or principal or superintendent’s office.
A transcript will be available for download from the resource list within five business days after the event.