Your hostess is temporarily tied down responding to anonymous peer reviews of one of her papers. I wonder how the editor would respond if I called Reviewer B a feckless defender of the status quo…in the meantime, check out these links:
1) Incentivists v. Organizationists: Dick Murnane has a new paper out related to the incentivist debate.
2) Boys of the Blogosphere (plus Jenny Medina) at AERA: A-Rus, eduwonk et al. are on tap at AERA in a session called, “Disseminating Education Research Through E-Media: Advice from E-Journalists.” Thursday, March 27th, 10:35am. Program up here.
3) Blogosphere and Education Research: Per Jeff Henig’s earlier post, Ed at AFT weighs in; Jeff Henig comments.
4) Hot for Education: Two exceptional journalists - Josh Benton and Elizabeth Green - get much deserved recognition. But the best line is about Roland Fryer, “Do you think he motivates himself to keep all GQ with cash incentives and cell phone ring tones? Who cares, as long as the results are this good.”
5) Carnival of Education: Is up at Sharp Brains. Alvaro did a great job organizing.
The opinions expressed in eduwonkette are strictly those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of Editorial Projects in Education, or any of its publications.