My top five press releases from July’s School Improvement Industry Announcements – Federal Politics and Policy.
For a well-rounded understanding of current events in school improvement.
• Getting closer to a Department of Education Budget for FY 2009: FY 2009 Congressional Action (Jul 16).
• Republican candidate spells out his idea of federal role in public education: John McCain’s Plan for Strengthening America’s Schools (Jul 16).
• The New Union Leaders (I): Incoming NEA President (Dennis Van Roeke): ‘New Era Arising for Public Education’ (Jul 6)
• The New Union Leaders (II): New AFT President Randi Weingarten Asks Members to Rededicate Themselves to Reforming the Institutions Where They Work (Jul 14)
* Institutional interests in Title I: NASBE Comments on Proposed Title I Rules (Jun 23)
The opinions expressed in edbizbuzz are strictly those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of Editorial Projects in Education, or any of its publications.