Statistical snapshots of current trends and practices in professional development.
Modes of Professional Development Delivery
While almost all schools offer professional development in traditional, face-to-face setttings, the use of electronic media to deliver training rose dramatically from 2005 to 2006.
SOURCE: Market Data Retrieval
Many teachers also reported acquiring professional development through collaborative and reflective activities outside traditional training settings.
SOURCE: EPE Research Center analysis of U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Schools and Staffing Survey, Public Teacher Questionnaire, 2003-04.
Vol. 01, Issue 01, Pages 30,32-35
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- K-12 Head of School
- TIE, Switzerland
- Middle School Principal - Fox Lane Middle School
- Bedford Central School District, Mount Kisco, NY
- K-12 Teacher
- TIE, Hyannis, MA
- Project Director, Center for Afterschool and Expanded Learning
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
- Language Arts & Social Studies Coordinator
- CESJDS, Rockville, MD