Statistical snapshots of current trends and practices in professional development.
Modes of Professional Development Delivery
While almost all schools offer professional development in traditional, face-to-face setttings, the use of electronic media to deliver training rose dramatically from 2005 to 2006.
SOURCE: Market Data Retrieval
Many teachers also reported acquiring professional development through collaborative and reflective activities outside traditional training settings.
SOURCE: EPE Research Center analysis of U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Schools and Staffing Survey, Public Teacher Questionnaire, 2003-04.
Vol. 01, Issue 01, Pages 30,32-35
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy
- School Governance Specialist
- Athlos Academies, Boise, ID
- Mathematics & Computer Science Teacher
- First State Military, DE
- Middle School Band Teacher
- The International Educator, Hong Kong
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador