Statistical snapshots of current trends and practices in professional development.
Modes of Professional Development Delivery
While almost all schools offer professional development in traditional, face-to-face setttings, the use of electronic media to deliver training rose dramatically from 2005 to 2006.
SOURCE: Market Data Retrieval
Many teachers also reported acquiring professional development through collaborative and reflective activities outside traditional training settings.
SOURCE: EPE Research Center analysis of U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Schools and Staffing Survey, Public Teacher Questionnaire, 2003-04.
Vol. 01, Issue 01, Pages 30,32-35
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and the Blind - Romney, WV
- West Virginia Board of Education, Romney, WV
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Tamalpais Union High School District, Larkspur, CA
- Lead a Network of Cleveland Schools. Apply Today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Executive Director
- Magnet Schools of America, DC
- K-12 Teacher
- TIE, Hyannis, MA