Statistical snapshots of current trends and practices in professional development.
Modes of Professional Development Delivery
While almost all schools offer professional development in traditional, face-to-face setttings, the use of electronic media to deliver training rose dramatically from 2005 to 2006.
SOURCE: Market Data Retrieval
Many teachers also reported acquiring professional development through collaborative and reflective activities outside traditional training settings.
SOURCE: EPE Research Center analysis of U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Schools and Staffing Survey, Public Teacher Questionnaire, 2003-04.
Vol. 01, Issue 01, Pages 30,32-35
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy
- K-12 Head of School
- TIE, Switzerland
- Associate Director, Research and Assessment
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), Alexandria, VA
- Principal - Elementary, Middle, & High
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA
- Chief Legal Officer & Deputy Superintendent of Instruction and Curriculum
- DeKalb County School District, DeKalb, GA