No Child Left Behind
The latest news about No Child Left Behind including, archives, Commentaries, and special features.
This primer on the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act—the previous iteration of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, or ESEA—includes information about compliance, proficiency, and waivers; milestones in the law’s history; main criticisms; and resources for further reading. Its successor, the Every Student Succeeds Act, replaced NCLB in Dec. 2015. (April 10, 2015)
Blog: Politics K-12
To reflect on the law's anniversary, the Education Week Commentary editors asked a range of K-12 education leaders, politicians, teachers, and child advocates for their thoughts.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Technology
- UCFSD, Kennett Square, PA
- Deputy Director, Early Learning
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Seattle, WA
- Chief Technology Officer
- Marana Unified School District, Marana, AZ
- Part-Time Teacher Teams Coach Bentley School in Salem, MA
- Teach Plus, Salem, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Hanover School District, Multiple Locations