The latest news about accountability, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Here's a breakdown of what 16 states and the District of Columbia plan to do with their new flexibility under the Every Student Succeeds Act to set achievement goals and take other action in the area of school accountability. (April 21, 2017)
Our guests discussed why accountability is so important for virtual schools, what those schools are doing to ensure high-quality learning for students, and what challenges they face in meeting that goal.
Education Week is following Shawnee High through its quest to move off the bottom of Kentucky’s list of low-performing schools and remake itself into a school that produces high numbers of graduates who go onto college and careers.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal (18-19 SY)
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Indianapolis, IN
- Superintendent of Schools
- South Butler County School District, Saxonburg, PA
- Special Education ELA Teacher, Gr. 9-12 (SY17-18)
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston, MA
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- Elementary Science Teacher
- Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School, Boston, MA