"Why do you want to come to my house?" responded a parent over the phone after I told her the purpose of my call.
"I just want to come by and introduce myself, meet you, and get ideas from you about how I can be a better teacher for José. He’s doing fine in class, but I’m sure I could be doing something better," I replied.
"Did José do something wrong?" the parent said.
This article is available to registered guests only.
Register free, or login below, to continue reading.
To Access Teacher and Education Week Articles, FREE E-Newsletters, and More!
|FREE! (limited access)|
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- ABA Instructional Aides--Anticipated Openings
- West Orange School District, West Orange, NJ