Teaching Secrets: The Last Day of School
It's that time of year again—the last few weeks of school. Many of us work hard at plans to keep students engaged during this time but, at least in my experience, far fewer have a well-considered plan for the last day of school.
This final day together can be an important time for both the students and the teacher. It's a time to reflect, to celebrate, to say goodbye, and to give our students a nudge into the future.
I put out a call on my blog for teachers to share what they do on this special day. I also surveyed some of my colleagues and reflected on what I have done in the past. The results seem to...
This article is available to registered guests only.
Register free, or login below, to continue reading.
To Access Teacher and Education Week Articles, FREE E-Newsletters, and More!
|FREE! (limited access)|
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- West Orange School District, West Orange, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Part-Time Teachers (Certified)
- Hartford Public Schools, Hartford, CT