Cities in Crisis
Excerpt From Introduction
Graduation rates have become a prominent feature in the landscape of high school reform and within the larger world of educational policy. Studies conducted over the past several years have repeatedly demonstrated that far fewer American students are completing high school with diplomas than had previously been realized. Whereas the conventional wisdom had long placed the graduation rate around 85 percent, a growing consensus has emerged that only about seven in 10 students are actually successfully finishing high school. Graduation rates are even lower among certain student populations, particularly racial and ethnic minorities and males.
Click here to download the full report.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal
- SAS, Shanghai, Sh, China
- Saint Louis Public School Principal Positions
- Saint Louis Public Schools, Saint Louis, MO
- Director of Media Relations
- AIR, DC
- School Superintendent
- Ichabod Crane Central School District, Valatie, NY
- Test Development Specialist
- Hawaii Department of Education, HI