High School Graduation in Texas
Excerpt From Introduction
Over 120,000 Students in Texas Failed to Graduate in 2006, Most were Minorities
Analyses from the Editorial Projects in Education Research Center estimate that over 120,000 public high school students in the state of Texas failed to graduate with a regular diploma last school year. To put this crisis in perspective, the number of non-graduates is about double the combined number of students entering 9th grade in the state’s seven largest school districts. Seventy percent of all non-graduates were members of minority racial and ethnic groups, indicating that minority students are disproportionately affected by this graduation crisis.
Click here to download the full report.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Saint Louis Public School Principal Positions
- Saint Louis Public Schools, Saint Louis, MO
- Open House
- Horace Mann School, Bronx, NY
- Director of Media Relations and Public Affairs
- AIR, DC
- School Superintendent
- Ichabod Crane Central School District, Valatie, NY
- Test Development Specialist
- Hawaii Department of Education, HI