Guaranteeing Postsecondary Admission
Many states across the nation have adopted standards and graduation requirements designed to better prepare high school students for postsecondary education. The Editorial Projects in Education Research Center found that seven states—Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Kansas, Iowa, and Texas—have gone a step further by guaranteeing qualifying high school graduates from the class of 2008 admission to public four-year universities and colleges. Specific criteria for guaranteed admission vary from state to state. Examples of such measures include: class rank, standardized test scores, cumulative grade point average, and advanced course-taking.
For more information regarding guaranteed admission to postsecondary institutions or other state-by-state data, search our Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Milwaukee, Wisconsin SchoolsJoin Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Seattle, Washington Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, WA
- Free Online K-12 STEM Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Boston, Massachusetts Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Birmingham, AL Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fai
- Birmingham City Schools, Birmingham, AL