States Provide Supplementary Resources for Diverse Student Populations
Working with a diverse student population presents educators with unique challenges. In Quality Counts 2008, the Editorial Projects in Education Research Center found that a majority of states provide supplementary resources or guides to support state academic standards for teachers of special needs students. Thirty states provide supplementary resources to teachers of English-language learners for the 2007-08 school year. In addition, 26 states provide supplementary resources for teachers of students with disabilities. Fewer than half of the states in the country provide teachers of gifted and talented students with supplementary resources.
For more state-by-state data, search EPE's Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA