State Ratings in Special Education
The U.S. Department of Education has evaluated states since the 2005-06 school year based on their ability to meet certain "measurable and rigorous targets" related to educating students with disabilities. This map shows the most current rating for each state’s performance under Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, which covers students from ages 3 to 21. (Note: All states were considered to have met requirements in 2004-05.) Click on each state to see ratings for previous years, as well as information from the Education Department explaining each state’s rating. Related story: Federal Special Ed. Ratings Fault D.C.—Again.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
Most Popular Stories
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda