Spotlight on Implementing Common Standards
The Education Week Spotlight on Implementing Common Standards brings together a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors including insights on:
- Final release of the Common Core State Standards
- Emergence of curriculum materials embodying the new standards
- English-language learners and the common standards
- How the common standards compare to individual states’ standards
- Common standards’ impact on special educations
- Developing shared knowledge around the implementation of the common standards
- Criticisms of the common standards
A great value! You get the eight articles below and a resource guide in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights on the Common Standards:
Common Core Assessment and Curriculum (2012)
The common-core standards are giving new shape to curriculum and student assessment across the country. This Spotlight explains how the standards will impact curriculum development and the crafting of common assessments.
Implementing Common Standards (2012)
In order to implement the Common Core State Standards, educators need instructional materials and assessments. But not all states are moving at the same pace, and some districts are finding common-core resources in short supply. This Spotlight highlights the curriculum, professional development, and online resources available to help districts prepare for the common core.
Implementing Common Standards (2011)
There is ongoing debate about the implementation of common-core standards. These standards have widespread implications for curriculum, teacher training, student assessment and technology planning. This Spotlight follows the latest developments, state-by-state, and looks at the key players influencing the process of implementation.
Common Standards (2009)
The push for voluntary national core standards is moving full steam ahead, with 46 states signing on to the effort. This Spotlight takes a closer look at the process for developing national standards, the main players in the process, and standards ideas under consideration.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Anticipated Evaluation Team Leader Fall 17
- Springfield Public Schools, Springfield, MA
- Part-Time Online ESL teacher
- 51Talk, US
- LBSI Teacher with Special Education Early Childhood Endorsement
- New Horizon Center, Chicago, IL
- Communities In Schools of North Carolina, Raleigh, NC
- Assistant Professor-Elementary Generalist
- The College of Idaho, Caldwell, ID