Spotlight on Implementing Common Standards
View the complete collection of Education Week Spotlights.
The Education Week Spotlight on Implementing Common Standards is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors including:
- Facing the shortage of resources to assist with common-core curriculum development
- Crafting assessments to measure students' college-readiness
- "Close reading" of informational texts in the English/language arts common-core curriculum
- State planning to implement the common standards
- Balancing common standards alongside the developmental needs of preschoolers
- Professional development to aid in the transition to the common core
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights on the Common Standards:
Common Core Assessment and Curriculum (2012)
The common-core standards are giving new shape to curriculum and student assessment across the country. This Spotlight explains how the standards will impact curriculum development and the crafting of common assessments.
Implementing Common Standards (2011)
There is ongoing debate about the implementation of common-core standards. These standards have widespread implications for curriculum, teacher training, student assessment and technology planning. This Spotlight follows the latest developments, state-by-state, and looks at the key players influencing the process of implementation.
Implementing Common Standards (2010)
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has produced its final set of much-anticipated academic standards, in math and language arts. This Spotlight looks at the policy and practical implications for states and schools as they contemplate the standards and their impact on the lives of students and educators.
Common Standards (2009)
The push for voluntary national core standards is moving full steam ahead, with 46 states signing on to the effort. This Spotlight takes a closer look at the process for developing national standards, the main players in the process, and standards ideas under consideration.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Principal
- The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, DC, DC
- Associate Director, Research and Assessment
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), Alexandria, VA
- Chief Legal Officer & Deputy Superintendent of Instruction and Curriculum
- DeKalb County School District, DeKalb, GA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- KSTF, Moorestown, NJ
- Principal - Elementary, Middle, & High
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA