Sept. 11, 2001
|On the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, terrorists hijacked four U.S. jetliners filled with passengers and crashed them into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and a field in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3,000 people. The attacks reverberated through the nation's schools. Following is Education Week's coverage of the impact on the education community that day and in the weeks that followed, part of a series called "Terror Touches Schools."||
—Allison Shelley, former Education Week Photo Editor
More 9/11 Coverage
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC