Teacher-Prep Accreditor Adopts Outcomes Standards
Programs must prove their value
The board of the national accreditor for teacher education programs has unanimously approved a new set of standards that puts a much heavier emphasis on program outcomes.
Among other criteria, programs seeking the seal of approval from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation will be expected to show that both candidates and districts are satisfied with the quality of preparation and to document that graduates go on to boost student achievement.
Programs will also, for the first time, need to ensure each entering cohort of candidates averages a specified...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- 9-12 Social Studies/PE & Health Teacher #349
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA