Details Trickling Out on Latest NCLB Waiver Bids
No sure thing seen in leeway on NCLB
With the addition of three longtime holdouts to the list of states seeking flexibility under the No Child Left Behind Act , nearly every state has sought to design its own accountability system to replace the outdated federal law.
But the waiver applications submitted last month by Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wyoming are by no means a sure thing.
Neither Pennsylvania nor Wyoming had released its submitted application to the public as of late last week, despite a federal requirement that states collaborate with stakeholders on their...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL