News in Brief
Test Consortium Drafts College-Ready Criteria
Twenty-five states have drafted an initial definition of what college readiness means, and descriptions of the skills and knowledge students must demonstrate at each step of the way toward that goal, as part of the work of the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, one of two federally funded groups of states that are designing assessment systems for the Common Core State Standards.
Smarter Balanced is soliciting public feedback on the documents through Jan. 15. States in the consortium will then revise them, with an eye toward final adoption in March.
Twenty-three other states have already completed their own college-readiness definition and achievement-level descriptors through the other assessment consortium. The Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers released its final college-readiness definition and achievement-level descriptors last month.
Vol. 32, Issue 13, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh