News in Brief
Voters to Decide Tax For Arts Education
Portland, Ore., residents will be asked to vote on whether to pay higher taxes for arts education in the trendy city.
The city ballot measure would allow a $35 annual tax to go toward the hiring of art and music teachers in public elementary schools.
It is one of four measures Portland residents will consider, including a $482 million capital bond for the Portland school district.
The arts measure is estimated to raise $12 million each year.
Vol. 32, Issue 10, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA