News in Brief
Voters to Decide Tax For Arts Education
Portland, Ore., residents will be asked to vote on whether to pay higher taxes for arts education in the trendy city.
The city ballot measure would allow a $35 annual tax to go toward the hiring of art and music teachers in public elementary schools.
It is one of four measures Portland residents will consider, including a $482 million capital bond for the Portland school district.
The arts measure is estimated to raise $12 million each year.
Vol. 32, Issue 10, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY