News in Brief
Voters to Decide Tax For Arts Education
Portland, Ore., residents will be asked to vote on whether to pay higher taxes for arts education in the trendy city.
The city ballot measure would allow a $35 annual tax to go toward the hiring of art and music teachers in public elementary schools.
It is one of four measures Portland residents will consider, including a $482 million capital bond for the Portland school district.
The arts measure is estimated to raise $12 million each year.
Vol. 32, Issue 10, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Programs Manager (Customer Loyalty)
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA
- Principal / Director
- The Compass School, Kingston, RI