Groups Form Task Force to Sway Teacher-Prep Rules
Concerns over teacher-preparation regulations that the U.S. Department of Education is crafting have spurred several higher education lobbies to join forces—a sign that the issue is rising on the agenda of college officials.
Individuals from the groups formerly met on an informal, ad hoc basis, but they recently created a "higher education task force on teacher preparation." It has crafted two documents—one detailing concerns with the federal rules, and another outlining its own principles for evaluating teacher-training programs.
The task force includes representatives from the influential American Council on Education and several other associations representing public,...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA