"U.S. Census Bureau Public Education Finances Report"
Local spending on K-12 public education outweighed state spending in fiscal 2010, according to a report released in June by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The report shows that local-level spending stood at $261 billion in fiscal 2010, while state-level spending totaled $258 billion. Federal spending on K-12 schools was $74 billion.
The report also showed that per-student spending stood at an average of $10,615 in fiscal 2010, more than double the $5,001 per-pupil spending level of fiscal 1992.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Professional Development Specialist
- Center for Applied Linguistics, Washington, DC
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US