"U.S. Census Bureau Public Education Finances Report"
Local spending on K-12 public education outweighed state spending in fiscal 2010, according to a report released in June by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The report shows that local-level spending stood at $261 billion in fiscal 2010, while state-level spending totaled $258 billion. Federal spending on K-12 schools was $74 billion.
The report also showed that per-student spending stood at an average of $10,615 in fiscal 2010, more than double the $5,001 per-pupil spending level of fiscal 1992.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN