"U.S. Census Bureau Public Education Finances Report"
Local spending on K-12 public education outweighed state spending in fiscal 2010, according to a report released in June by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The report shows that local-level spending stood at $261 billion in fiscal 2010, while state-level spending totaled $258 billion. Federal spending on K-12 schools was $74 billion.
The report also showed that per-student spending stood at an average of $10,615 in fiscal 2010, more than double the $5,001 per-pupil spending level of fiscal 1992.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI