"U.S. Census Bureau Public Education Finances Report"
Local spending on K-12 public education outweighed state spending in fiscal 2010, according to a report released in June by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The report shows that local-level spending stood at $261 billion in fiscal 2010, while state-level spending totaled $258 billion. Federal spending on K-12 schools was $74 billion.
The report also showed that per-student spending stood at an average of $10,615 in fiscal 2010, more than double the $5,001 per-pupil spending level of fiscal 1992.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD