"U.S. Census Bureau Public Education Finances Report"
Local spending on K-12 public education outweighed state spending in fiscal 2010, according to a report released in June by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The report shows that local-level spending stood at $261 billion in fiscal 2010, while state-level spending totaled $258 billion. Federal spending on K-12 schools was $74 billion.
The report also showed that per-student spending stood at an average of $10,615 in fiscal 2010, more than double the $5,001 per-pupil spending level of fiscal 1992.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN