News in Brief
CCSSO Director Will Step Down
The Council of Chief State School Officers has announced that its executive director for the past six years, Gene Wilhoit, will leave the Washington-based organization once its board of directors conducts a national search and names his replacement.
Mr. Wilhoit previously served as the education commissioner of Arkansas and Kentucky before taking over at the CCSSO in November 2006. During his tenure, the council helped to develop the Common Core State Standards with the National Governors Association.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA