News in Brief
CCSSO Director Will Step Down
The Council of Chief State School Officers has announced that its executive director for the past six years, Gene Wilhoit, will leave the Washington-based organization once its board of directors conducts a national search and names his replacement.
Mr. Wilhoit previously served as the education commissioner of Arkansas and Kentucky before taking over at the CCSSO in November 2006. During his tenure, the council helped to develop the Common Core State Standards with the National Governors Association.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL