News in Brief
CCSSO Director Will Step Down
The Council of Chief State School Officers has announced that its executive director for the past six years, Gene Wilhoit, will leave the Washington-based organization once its board of directors conducts a national search and names his replacement.
Mr. Wilhoit previously served as the education commissioner of Arkansas and Kentucky before taking over at the CCSSO in November 2006. During his tenure, the council helped to develop the Common Core State Standards with the National Governors Association.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Deputy Director for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Wiesbaden, Germany
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- PRINCIPAL - POWELL MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Hernando County School District, Brooksville, FL
- Senior Education Policy Analyst, North Carolina
- The Hunt Institute, Durham, NC
- Middle School Principal
- Roosevelt Children's Academy Charter School, Roosevelt, NY