News in Brief
CCSSO Director Will Step Down
The Council of Chief State School Officers has announced that its executive director for the past six years, Gene Wilhoit, will leave the Washington-based organization once its board of directors conducts a national search and names his replacement.
Mr. Wilhoit previously served as the education commissioner of Arkansas and Kentucky before taking over at the CCSSO in November 2006. During his tenure, the council helped to develop the Common Core State Standards with the National Governors Association.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA