News in Brief
Youths Not as 'Green' As Americans Assume
An academic analysis of surveys spanning more than 40 years has found that young Americans are less interested in the environment and in conserving resources—and often less civic-minded overall—than their elders were when they were young.
The findings, from a study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology last month, go against the widespread belief that environmental issues have hit home with today's young adults, known as Millennials, who have grown up amid climate change discussion and the mantra "reduce, reuse, recycle." The environment is often listed among top concerns of young voters.
Vol. 31, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA