News in Brief
Obama Will Address Joplin, Mo., Graduates
President Barack Obama will speak at this year's high school graduation ceremony in Joplin, the Missouri city recovering from a devastating tornado a year ago.
The White House said the president will deliver remarks at the May 21 commencement.
Mr. Obama last visited Joplin in May, days after the tornado hit. More than 160 people were killed, including seven students and one staff member at the high school, making it the nation's deadliest tornado in decades.
The tornado struck less than an hour after the 2011 graduation ceremonies at Joplin High School.
With much of the school leveled, this year's seniors have been attending classes at a nearby mall.
Vol. 31, Issue 24, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY