Tax Debate Again Looms in Calif.
California Gov. Jerry Brown, whose state has teetered through repeated budget crises in recent years and made major school spending cuts, is again pitching tax hikes as a way to avoid further reductions in education.
The governor, a Democrat, used his annual State of the State address last week to promote a plan to ask California voters in November to approve taxes on individuals earning more than $250,000 a year, and to raise sales and use taxes by half a percent, both...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA