News in Brief
N.Y. Students Surrender in Cheating Scandal
The last of 20 students accused in an alleged college-entrance-exam cheating ring in an affluent New York suburb surrendered to authorities last week.
Michael Pomerantz, 18, and an unidentified teenager turned themselves into Nassau County prosecutors before being taken to district court for arraignment. Mr. Pomerantz is one of five current or former students at Great Neck-area public and private high schools charged with accepting payments of between $500 and $3,600 to impersonate other students on SAT and ACT exams.
Vol. 31, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Senior Programs Manager (Customer Loyalty)
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Multiple Locations
- Education Consultant- SF Bay Area Territory
- Center for the Collaborative Classroom, Emeryville, CA
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA