News in Brief
N.Y. Students Surrender in Cheating Scandal
The last of 20 students accused in an alleged college-entrance-exam cheating ring in an affluent New York suburb surrendered to authorities last week.
Michael Pomerantz, 18, and an unidentified teenager turned themselves into Nassau County prosecutors before being taken to district court for arraignment. Mr. Pomerantz is one of five current or former students at Great Neck-area public and private high schools charged with accepting payments of between $500 and $3,600 to impersonate other students on SAT and ACT exams.
Vol. 31, Issue 13, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- High School Principal
- Harrisonburg City Public Schools, VA
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Principal at Northridge High School
- Tuscaloosa City Schools, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT