News in Brief
Portland, Ore., Schools to Allow Anti-War Groups Equal Access
The Portland school board voted unanimously last week to give anti-war “counter-recruiters” the same access to high school students that military recruiters receive. Board members said the goal of the new policy is to give students a balanced view of what military service might mean, not just the information offered by military recruiters that high schools have had to facilitate under a 2001 federal law.
Vol. 31, Issue 10, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME