News in Brief
Portland, Ore., Schools to Allow Anti-War Groups Equal Access
The Portland school board voted unanimously last week to give anti-war “counter-recruiters” the same access to high school students that military recruiters receive. Board members said the goal of the new policy is to give students a balanced view of what military service might mean, not just the information offered by military recruiters that high schools have had to facilitate under a 2001 federal law.
Vol. 31, Issue 10, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL