News in Brief
Portland, Ore., Schools to Allow Anti-War Groups Equal Access
The Portland school board voted unanimously last week to give anti-war “counter-recruiters” the same access to high school students that military recruiters receive. Board members said the goal of the new policy is to give students a balanced view of what military service might mean, not just the information offered by military recruiters that high schools have had to facilitate under a 2001 federal law.
Vol. 31, Issue 10, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Office Assistant
- Bell Shore Florist, CA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ