News in Brief
Portland, Ore., Schools to Allow Anti-War Groups Equal Access
The Portland school board voted unanimously last week to give anti-war “counter-recruiters” the same access to high school students that military recruiters receive. Board members said the goal of the new policy is to give students a balanced view of what military service might mean, not just the information offered by military recruiters that high schools have had to facilitate under a 2001 federal law.
Vol. 31, Issue 10, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY