News in Brief
Portland, Ore., Schools to Allow Anti-War Groups Equal Access
The Portland school board voted unanimously last week to give anti-war “counter-recruiters” the same access to high school students that military recruiters receive. Board members said the goal of the new policy is to give students a balanced view of what military service might mean, not just the information offered by military recruiters that high schools have had to facilitate under a 2001 federal law.
Vol. 31, Issue 10, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Deputy Chief Academic Supports Officer
- School District of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Kindergarten teacher
- Saint Sophia School, Holladay, UT