News in Brief
Most States Get F for Civil Rights Education
A majority of states deserve a failing grade for how they handle the teaching of civil rights history in their standards, while just three—Alabama, Florida, and New York—merit an A, a new report by the Southern Poverty Law Center of Atlanta concludes. "In most states, the requirements for teaching about the civil rights movement are grossly inadequate to nonexistent," the civil rights group determined in its report.
Vol. 31, Issue 06, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA