News in Brief
Most States Get F for Civil Rights Education
A majority of states deserve a failing grade for how they handle the teaching of civil rights history in their standards, while just three—Alabama, Florida, and New York—merit an A, a new report by the Southern Poverty Law Center of Atlanta concludes. "In most states, the requirements for teaching about the civil rights movement are grossly inadequate to nonexistent," the civil rights group determined in its report.
Vol. 31, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL