News in Brief
Minn. District Outsources Recess
The St. Paul, Minn., school district has decided to hire a private company to supervise recess at seven elementary schools. The district will pay Playworks, a private nonprofit company with programs at 250 schools in 30 cities, $178,500 to chaperone recess and teach children conflict-resolution skills.
Vol. 31, Issue 05, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY