News in Brief
Minn. District Outsources Recess
The St. Paul, Minn., school district has decided to hire a private company to supervise recess at seven elementary schools. The district will pay Playworks, a private nonprofit company with programs at 250 schools in 30 cities, $178,500 to chaperone recess and teach children conflict-resolution skills.
Vol. 31, Issue 05, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA