News in Brief
Newark Teachers to Get Cash From Zuckerberg Donation
Teachers in Newark, N.J., will have access to $600,000 in grant money meant to encourage innovative teaching methods that can be replicated districtwide.
Money for the creation of the Newark Teachers Innovation Fund comes from a $100 million donation by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, given to the 40,000-student school system one year ago. An additional $47 million in philanthropic donations has been raised so far toward matching Mr. Zuckerberg's grant.
Vol. 31, Issue 05, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
- Northwest Evaluation Association, OR
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL