News in Brief
Newark Teachers to Get Cash From Zuckerberg Donation
Teachers in Newark, N.J., will have access to $600,000 in grant money meant to encourage innovative teaching methods that can be replicated districtwide.
Money for the creation of the Newark Teachers Innovation Fund comes from a $100 million donation by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, given to the 40,000-student school system one year ago. An additional $47 million in philanthropic donations has been raised so far toward matching Mr. Zuckerberg's grant.
Vol. 31, Issue 05, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- Implementation Success Manager
- Apex Learning, CA