News in Brief
Newark Teachers to Get Cash From Zuckerberg Donation
Teachers in Newark, N.J., will have access to $600,000 in grant money meant to encourage innovative teaching methods that can be replicated districtwide.
Money for the creation of the Newark Teachers Innovation Fund comes from a $100 million donation by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, given to the 40,000-student school system one year ago. An additional $47 million in philanthropic donations has been raised so far toward matching Mr. Zuckerberg's grant.
Vol. 31, Issue 05, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Middle School Principal
- Roosevelt Children's Academy Charter School, Roosevelt, NY
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Deputy Director for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Wiesbaden, Germany
- PRINCIPAL - POWELL MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Hernando County School District, Brooksville, FL