News in Brief
Newark Teachers to Get Cash From Zuckerberg Donation
Teachers in Newark, N.J., will have access to $600,000 in grant money meant to encourage innovative teaching methods that can be replicated districtwide.
Money for the creation of the Newark Teachers Innovation Fund comes from a $100 million donation by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, given to the 40,000-student school system one year ago. An additional $47 million in philanthropic donations has been raised so far toward matching Mr. Zuckerberg's grant.
Vol. 31, Issue 05, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Teach/Work in Indian Country
- www.Indian-Ed.com, US
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR