News in Brief
Pearson Buys Virtual Schools Company
The textbook publisher Pearson announced last week that it was acquiring Baltimore-based Connections Education, which operates virtual schools in 21 states and serves about 40,000 students. The acquisition is the latest in a string of mergers and acquisitions within the education technology sector, and it marks the first time that one of the largest textbook publishers has stepped so far into virtual education.
Vol. 31, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teaching and Learning Specialist
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US