News in Brief
Pearson Buys Virtual Schools Company
The textbook publisher Pearson announced last week that it was acquiring Baltimore-based Connections Education, which operates virtual schools in 21 states and serves about 40,000 students. The acquisition is the latest in a string of mergers and acquisitions within the education technology sector, and it marks the first time that one of the largest textbook publishers has stepped so far into virtual education.
Vol. 31, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL
- Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
- Northwest Evaluation Association, OR
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA