News in Brief
Pearson Buys Virtual Schools Company
The textbook publisher Pearson announced last week that it was acquiring Baltimore-based Connections Education, which operates virtual schools in 21 states and serves about 40,000 students. The acquisition is the latest in a string of mergers and acquisitions within the education technology sector, and it marks the first time that one of the largest textbook publishers has stepped so far into virtual education.
Vol. 31, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations