Pearson Buys Virtual Schools Company
The textbook publisher Pearson announced last week that it was acquiring Baltimore-based Connections Education, which operates virtual schools in 21 states and serves about 40,000 students. The acquisition is the latest in a string of mergers and acquisitions within the education technology sector, and it marks the first time that one of the largest textbook publishers has stepped so...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ