News in Brief
Urban Districts to Pilot Common Standards
The New York City and District of Columbia school districts are joining six other urban districts with lead roles in a pilot to put the common-core standards into practice. The Council of the Great City Schools announced a $4.6 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to be used for a range of activities to implement the standards in all its member districts, with New York; the District of Columbia; Albuquerque, N.M.; Atlanta; Boston; Cleveland; Philadelphia; and St. Paul, Minn., leading the way.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Pages 4-5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- T3 Teacher Leader
- Teach Plus, Multiple Locations
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD
- Plainfield Director of Special Services
- New England School Development Council, Meriden, NH