News in Brief
Urban Districts to Pilot Common Standards
The New York City and District of Columbia school districts are joining six other urban districts with lead roles in a pilot to put the common-core standards into practice. The Council of the Great City Schools announced a $4.6 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to be used for a range of activities to implement the standards in all its member districts, with New York; the District of Columbia; Albuquerque, N.M.; Atlanta; Boston; Cleveland; Philadelphia; and St. Paul, Minn., leading the way.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY