News in Brief
Urban Districts to Pilot Common Standards
The New York City and District of Columbia school districts are joining six other urban districts with lead roles in a pilot to put the common-core standards into practice. The Council of the Great City Schools announced a $4.6 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to be used for a range of activities to implement the standards in all its member districts, with New York; the District of Columbia; Albuquerque, N.M.; Atlanta; Boston; Cleveland; Philadelphia; and St. Paul, Minn., leading the way.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Pages 4-5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO