News in Brief
Urban Districts to Pilot Common Standards
The New York City and District of Columbia school districts are joining six other urban districts with lead roles in a pilot to put the common-core standards into practice. The Council of the Great City Schools announced a $4.6 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to be used for a range of activities to implement the standards in all its member districts, with New York; the District of Columbia; Albuquerque, N.M.; Atlanta; Boston; Cleveland; Philadelphia; and St. Paul, Minn., leading the way.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Research Fellow - Education
- PPIC, San Francisco, CA