News in Brief
SIG Schools Offered Waivers
The U.S. Department of Education has quietly invited states and schools using the most popular of four school improvement models, transformation, to apply for extra time to establish teacher-evaluation systems that take student progress into account. The transformation model in the School Improvement Grant program requires professional development for teachers, as well as a teacher-evaluation system that takes student performance into account in hiring, firing, promotion, and retention decisions.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA