News in Brief
SIG Schools Offered Waivers
The U.S. Department of Education has quietly invited states and schools using the most popular of four school improvement models, transformation, to apply for extra time to establish teacher-evaluation systems that take student progress into account. The transformation model in the School Improvement Grant program requires professional development for teachers, as well as a teacher-evaluation system that takes student performance into account in hiring, firing, promotion, and retention decisions.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Head of School
- Brownell-Talbot School, Omaha, NE
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT