News in Brief
SIG Schools Offered Waivers
The U.S. Department of Education has quietly invited states and schools using the most popular of four school improvement models, transformation, to apply for extra time to establish teacher-evaluation systems that take student progress into account. The transformation model in the School Improvement Grant program requires professional development for teachers, as well as a teacher-evaluation system that takes student performance into account in hiring, firing, promotion, and retention decisions.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- The New School Montessori, Cincinnati, OH
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Assistant Principal - Drake High School
- Tamalpais Union High School District, San Anselmo, CA
- Middle School Principal
- Roosevelt Children's Academy Charter School, Roosevelt, NY
- Senior Education Policy Analyst, North Carolina
- The Hunt Institute, Durham, NC