News in Brief
Wis. Teachers' Union Cuts Jobs
Wisconsin's largest teachers union, the Wisconsin Education Association Council, confirmed last week that it is laying off 42 workers out of about 100 staff members—losses it attributes to measures backed by Gov. Scott Walker to cut funding for schools and limit teachers' collective bargaining powers. The union helped lead the fight against those measures this year.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL