Wis. Teachers' Union Cuts Jobs
Wisconsin's largest teachers union, the Wisconsin Education Association Council, confirmed last week that it is laying off 42 workers out of about 100 staff members—losses it attributes to measures backed by Gov. Scott Walker to cut funding for schools and limit teachers' collective bargaining powers. The union helped lead the fight against those measures this year.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Benilde-St. Margaret's, St. Louis Park, MN
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA